Dragon Lair Nesting Grounds Gather Items Clan Profile Hoard Messages Merch Marketplace Auction House Trading Post Crossroads Custom Skins Fairgrounds Coliseum Dominance Forums World Map Search Dressing Room Scrying Workshop Encyclopedia Media Support
Aylythalia: Clan Profile » Dragon Lair » Nesting Grounds
Aylythalia's Clan
Something in the shadows stirs
Venerable Lair
of the
Foxfire Bramble
Clan Information
tumblr_inline_ocl19v45ZZ1tgh8q0_250.png
~Aarnivalkea Weyr~

aarnivalkea
(mythology) A will o' the wisp, especially one that burns over a hidden treasure.
~~~
The trees press in around you as you follow the twisting path through the shadowy woods. You glance down at the map that had been scrawled out on a piece of parchment, wondering if it had been a mistake to trust the memory of that old snapper. Brambles claw at your cloak, catching it and causing you to stumble. You bite back a frustrated curse. This was ridulculus, following some story out into this forest. Hidden hoard of treasure. You snorted. Yeah, right.
Staring hard at the map again, you peer at the darkening woods. With a final huff you decide to go back and not waste any more time on some 'lost hoard'. You turn around, only to find a thicket of brambles blocking the back. "Wha?!" You spin around again. The way forward seemed narrower than before. You felt a sinking feeling in your stomach.
You swallowed deeply, then began taking slow steps forward, eyes darting around you. You could hear the leaves rustling around you. It didn't sound like just the wind. The shadows seemed to shift, and a thick mist slithered slowly across the ground. It concealed vines and stones that littered the ground, leaving you to find them with feet. You start as something crashes through the branches above you, freezing and breathing hard.
Trying not to panic, you look around desperately, hoping to see some kind of landmark or signpost. There, in the distance is a flash of light. You begin heading toward it, hoping to find help of some kind. Perhaps a clan that could take you in for the night and set you on the path out of these blasted woods.

At first it looks like a lantern, bobbing a bit as its holder moves along their path. As you get closer you see it is a floating orb, like...creature... moving on its own, dancing and weaving amongst the trees. You stare, mesmerized as you continue to follow it. You want nothing more than to touch it, to be closer to its shimmery light as it flits just out of reach.
It is tantalizing close when you realize you have wandered right into a bog. You try desperately to free yourself from the murk to no avail. The last thing you see are the brilliant lights dancing above you, cavorting in a strange, jubilant dance.



hFOUfVC.gif

IMxJvgY.png

HERE
Recent Clan Activity [View All]
06/18 Birthed new hatchlings! 2 Fae Male, 1 Fae Female
06/18 Birthed new hatchlings! 2 Guardian Male, 1 Tundra Female
06/18 Birthed new hatchlings! 1 Guardian Male, 2 Guardian Female
Aylythalia User ID: 191524
Date Joined: 2015-11-18
Birthday: December 14
Forum Posts: 679
377 58
Aylythalia's Friends (13) GhostQueen13 Luminance Akimi LizSienk HewnCity Maddie1927 Kataklysm livingnightmare View All
Recent Comments
1 2
Lotron wrote:
Also, you now have 666 forum posts :000
Apr 14, 2020, 10:15:21
Lotron wrote:
AHH Finally somebody knows what Lucio is from!! Also, lovely lair! :0
Apr 14, 2020, 10:14:55
CryptTheWolf wrote:
All I have to say is WARRIOR CATS
Apr 06, 2020, 22:54:30
Girrpuppy wrote:
I saw! They're both interesting in their own right too- Lore for Solana may come soon, as I have some ideas, so keep a look out if you're interested in it! How fitting, a windy family
Mar 30, 2020, 18:23:22
Girrpuppy wrote:
Oh hello!! Im glad you approve of my goal for her! Like Cojiro (the Spiral next to her), she had just the right colors/look I had in mind for a secondary Wind ambassador- Im happy I noticed her!! <3
Mar 30, 2020, 16:48:43
bloodbuzz wrote:
that lucio... :ok_hand:
Jun 30, 2019, 15:40:59
AoiNoRyuu wrote:
Did the hatchlings come out as expected?^^
Mar 29, 2019, 10:04:26
ilios wrote:
Hello! Would you be willing to trade your Tanwir with my Toad, who also has an eliminate? I need to find another level 25 to fit my lair
Feb 03, 2019, 13:11:19
DedHuesos wrote:
Oh sorry for delay <333 there is no needed hatchie so send me parents only pls
Jan 30, 2019, 16:30:08
4O4 wrote:
I can hold some dragons, if you need it.
Nov 01, 2018, 20:00:57
topazroses wrote:
Of course! I saw him on the front page, and couldn't resist buying him when I saw he was up for sale. He's so beautiful! Have an amazing day!
Apr 01, 2018, 14:40:19
Azera wrote:
Hi Mistywolf77 =) It looks like you've been away since December, but on the off chance you come back, I wanted to ask you: Are you planning on selling or rehoming your female tundra (Unnamed #29566208)? If so, let me know. =) Thanks!
Oct 03, 2017, 20:09:47
© 2013 - 2020 Stormlight Workshop. All Rights Reserved
Terms of Use | Rules & Policies | Privacy Policy | Employment Opportunities | Credits | Support